It’s been wonderful to see all of the praise and support that people are posting on social media. The team has been scouring the internet for feedback and it is heartwarming to see such a positive response to the game. We’re so glad that there are other people out there as crazy about the game as we are, so thank you all for the kind words!
We are already hard at work on improving the game based on your constructive feedback as well, so read on for details.
Known Issues (Minor Spoilers Ahead)
We know there’s a couple bugs some of you are experiencing and we’re doing our best to upload a patch fix as soon as possible! Some of them have temporary workarounds that we will note below:
- Gabbro/Archaeology Achievement uncompletable:
- There’s one particular case where you won’t be able to get a log entry from Gabbro.
- Once the patch releases, you should automatically get the achievement upon starting the game, assuming you have all of the other entries! (There is one entry that you get for talking to Hal that doesn’t count for this achievement, so don’t sweat that one.)
- Menu buttons don’t respond or get stuck on profile creation
- Try resetting your OS language to English (or another supported language in the Outer Wilds Options Menu) OR
- Close the game, unplug all controllers (virtual and physical), restart the game, then fill in Profile Name. After that, you should be able to re-plug your controller. NOTE: If you’re using a 3rd party controller, you may not have the right mapping.
- Getting stuck in terrain on Giant’s Deep
- We’ve modified the terrain so when the patch releases this should be resolved.
- Inconsistent Ship Damage Report
- This was a bug with our notification system, so it will be fixed in the patch as well.
- If you’ve seen this text (we won’t say how), it’s a localization bug on our end. The english text should show up in our first patch with localization coming in the following patch.
We will have a full set of patch notes for when the patch goes live, we just wanted to pre-emptively let you know about these issues since we’ve been receiving a lot of questions.
If you experience other bugs that you don’t see on this list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
Digital Art Book and Soundtrack
The digital soundtrack is now on Spotify, Google Play, and Apple Music!
We’ve had many people asking about Outer Wilds merch. While we don’t have anything for sale yet, keep an eye on the Annapurna Interactive store in the coming months!
That’s the End of This UpdateKeep an eye out for more updates!