Digital Art Book
Last Friday, we sent out The Art of Outer Wilds PDF to backers! If you backed at a tier that should have gotten one but didn’t receive your email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve been hard at work on improving the game based on all of the feedback we’ve been receiving. While our last patch was more of an emergency fix patch, this one has a bit more in the way of improvements. As before, we will do full patch notes when we release the patch later, but here is a sneak peak of some of the things we’re including:
- New Feature: Sleep to pass time! A lot of players have been requesting a way to skip forward in time. Because physics is simulated in Outer Wilds it isn’t quite as simple as moving a time slider forward (which is why we didn’t already have it in the game), but we’ve found a way to allow you to pass time a bit more quickly by snoozing at campfires.
- Endgame Tweaks: We’ve heard resounding feedback about a certain area of confusion towards the end of the game, and we’ve taken significant steps to improve it. We’ve tweaked level design and clarified writing in several areas to make certain clues more clear, as well as adding an entirely new clue to help players deduce the way forward.
- FOV Slider in Options Menu: We’re adding adjustable FOV so that players who experience motion sickness can tweak their settings to be more comfortable.
- HUD Improved Aspect Ratio Support: The in-game HUD now supports arbitrary aspect ratios, so users with 4:3 or double 16:9 monitor setups can have a much more usable interface.
- Bug fixes: We’ve fixed a wide variety of bugs from Ultrawide resolutions not showing up to fixing areas where Brittle Hollow fragments were clipping through areas they shouldn’t and killing players unexpectedly. We will detail out the various bug fixes in our actual patch notes.
That’s the End of This Update
Join us in another two weeks for another development update. Have a great weekend everyone!