Hello once again!
We’re continuing our exploration into the art style changes this week! But first let’s do a recap of PAX East.
We just wrapped up in PAX East, so let’s take a look back at what happened!
Last week we were part of the Annapurna booth along with Due Process, Ashen, Donut County, Florence, Kentucky Route Zero, Gorogoa, and Wattam. We had a great time showing off the game, and attendees who finished our 20 minute demo got a sweet Outer Wilds pin. We’re so glad people had fun playing the demo, and it was exciting to finally show off the game!
- We loved talking with fans about the original alpha version of Outer Wilds!
- Watching people fly into Dark Bramble for the first time never gets old.
- We met an actual archeologist who told us about real-world xenoarchaeology.
- We watched someone exit their ship without turning off the autopilot (warning: you will find yourself without a ship if you do this).
- We had one fan stop by everyday to play the game (you rock man!).
- Lastly, we had a player spend the entire 20 minutes trying to roast the perfect marshmallow.
As we promised in the last update, here are some comparison shots between the Alpha and the current Outer Wilds. On the left are pics from the Alpha and the right are pics from the current version.
Timber Hearth Village